Thursday, September 8, 2011

i shot andy warhol yo la tengo::Comprised of founding husbandwife team ira kaplan on guitar and georgia hubley on drums as well as bassist james mcnew, the band has been a quiet but persistent voice in the underground since 1984 i shot andy warhol yo la tengo

i shot andy warhol yo la tengo::Comprised of founding husbandwife team ira kaplan on guitar and georgia hubley on drums as well as bassist james mcnew, the band has been a quiet but persistent voice in the underground since 1984.
I mean, the arrangement would be up to the other two, but i do recommend it.
I think that was certainly not a small part in the logic behind including that song on the record.
I think it kind of shows our lighter side on a kind of moody record.
My parents had a pretty good collection of albums and they let me play with those.
And then the rest of it was just luck.
I was on the next plane, literally.
And then, while i was playing with christmas, i also started playing with yo la tengo, just filling in as a temporary bass player whenever they needed me, and ten years later, here i am, still playing bass with them.
Right towards the end there, i did have a plan.
When i was in college, briefly, before i dropped out, i was studying japanese, and i was going to teach english in japan.
That was my plan.
I thought that would be kind of fun.
Being a musician, this band, is just the greatest thing in the world for me.
I think about it every morning when i wake up.

No comments: